Tuesday, November 7, 2017

On the Ground -

I can't seem to consistently germinate my ihi seeds -




I've gotten six seeds to sprout in this setup, but the last batch hasn't been doing much if anything (details on the batch that germinated are in older posts - just look up Portulaca molokiniensis).  That said, I was cleaning up the backyard area where I keep most of my xeric plants and I looked down to see if there were any weeds I needed to pull.



Instead I saw these popping up all over the place.  I'm not sure if these are P. molokiniensis or P. lutea since I have both plants above on the bench and both plants have been spilling seeds all over.  I'll just let them grow out a bit more then transplant them.  A little further over, I even saw some  purslane/hogweed growing - this corner is a veritable nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment