Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Orchids from the Ewa Orchid Society Plant Show

I picked up a few orchids from the Plant Sale La and I were at this past weekend (we were helping Perla with her plant sales).  Here's what I got -




The leaves of this one are like cucumbers.  It is a slow grower, but stays pretty compact.




I liked the description of this one - "grows like a weed".  Dendrochilum filiforme - this is going to be my confidence booster.


And Aerangis hariotiana - it too is supposed to stay compact.  I've purposely stayed away from orchids - as in my mind they are too picky on care requirements and need more water than I care to provide - but after doing some research, some species are actually more similar to succulents and cactus than I thought.  Anyways - here I go....



No comments:

Post a Comment