Thursday, September 22, 2016

Some Pending Hand Built Pottery

I've posted on the to upright pots already, but the "alien pedestal" is new. It is hand-formed "Rod's Bod" with a pinched body (flat plate) and coiled adds (legs and spines). I built this one to be a new vessel for the portulaca (purple flowers) I have in another bowl. That bowl is one of the first I threw on the wheel, but it is rather small in diameter for a plant that likes to spread out. These pots and at least three others are in the bisque kiln now. Maybe I'll get to prep and glaze these this weekend. And a couple of others I built earlier this week. Another 'pot belly' and this hybrid Tridacna shell pot. This isn't built to replicate a specific giant clam shell - it is just influenced by ones I have seen in the past, as well as pulling on other mollusk (gastropods) features. I made this one to be balanced on detached stand. Both pieces are Rod's Bod clay pinched with some coil work.

No comments:

Post a Comment