Thursday, May 11, 2017

Pachypodium brevicaule Progress May 11, 2017

It's hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure there is more girth to this plant than in previous pictures. Or at least that's what I'll continue to tell myself ;) If you noticed, I do tend to take lots of pictures of this plant. Yes I do like it a lot, but the real reason I take all these pictures is to document the growth rate and to track positive and negative trends. I have been warned that these tend to rot and it is very difficult to grow them on their own roots (a lot of people graft them on to other pachypodiums like P. lamerei). I'm going full speed ahead with the plan to grow it out as nature intended - watering well and deep in spring and summer, and dropping back in the fall from minimal to almost nothing when it goes dormant in the winter. I believe the media I have it in will support this and will help prevent rot (super fast draining, minimal organics). For now, I'll just enjoy what is happening - good, steady growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment