Friday, June 16, 2017

Next Batch of Pots Coming Together

Here are the next batch of pots - this first one (if it shrinks to the right size) will be for the Trichocereus huascha cristata (which may be an entry in this year's CSSH show). But it needs to shrink down a bit, or the plant needs to grow more (which it has from reviewing the old pictures I had of it - pretty handy and easy to do with this blog).

 

These next two are U body pots - not sure what will go in them - something small and slow growing. Working with a new bag of clay is really nice - everything is soft and remains pliable. When you are done, you leave it on the side and it hardens quickly. Older clay that has been worked over a few times becomes harder to shape and will seem to dry when you are working. Sometimes that leads to neat results, but it is less predictable. These are Rod's Bod

 

 I was too tired yesterday evening to build up more pots - I'll try this afternoon when I get home from work. If I knock out a few more larger ones, I can drop them all off at the studio tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment