Saturday, February 25, 2017

Jatropha podagrica Dropping Seed Pods

Here's a pictures from yesterday. I was originally going to comment on the dormancy and how long these seed pods have been sitting on the plant. Most of the time the seed pods mature quickly and before you get a chance to address them with some device to catch the seed, you turn your back and the pod is gone with the seed ejected far from the plant. These have been on the plant for quite some time with zero change in status - until I decided to blog on them... This morning I was walking around to observe the plants and the seeds were dropped - straight down with the pods still intact. I out these pods in a container - when the humidity drops, perhaps they'll split and eject the seeds within (and I can recover them without hunting). Now I can shift my attention to the new growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment