Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Repotting the Adeniums

As "winter" is coming to a close (relative term) here, our gardens will quickly turn from dormancy (again a relative term) to growth. Last year we were in the procurement mode (yes - we've slowed down and trimmed back quite a bit) so we didn't pay that much attention to the details on how fast the plants were growing, but as the sun returns to the Northern Hemisphere, we are preparing to make tons of observations. First up are the Adeniums. We knew we would have to repotted these shortly, but we were probably past that line a month ago. Getting them out of their pots was a little tricky and Noe and I ended up using a water hose to accomplish the task. I trimmed the smaller roots from each of my plants, but Noe preferred to just go with nature. I'll upload some more pictures once I get access to La's computer. These pictures are more for future reference to growth rate. I figure if these plants really take of this year, Noe and I will be repotting again in late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment