Monday, February 20, 2017

Noe Getting Back into Making Flower Pots

Since Christmas I've been on a pot making hiatus. I didn't exactly burn out, but I did lose some drive as I wanted to do more surfing and fishing (of which I have done neither). I have been playing more music and tending the plants more, oh and I have been doing a lot of home improvements (re-bulbing the whole house with LEDS, a new kitchen sink, more outside carpentry, re-chalking the bathrooms, and other things) - but I've let working with clay move off the front burner. Well, Noe changed all that yesterday evening. Here is her new rectangular pot. She used slabs to form the body. We're planning on using just oxide on the outside to highlight the hieroglyphics, and glaze just the interior and the rim. Now I'm going to have to make some pots and clay fishing lures... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment