Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hylocereus coastaricensis Germinating Update

If I remember correctly, I put these seeds in the bag this past weekend - look at how much they've already grown!!! This is 6 days of life in a bag. I can see they are trying to push roots into the wet paper towels - my plan iis to cut the paper towels into squares around the roots and plant the whole thing (as seen on YouTube). That means less handling of the small plant. The video on YouTube also discussed planting sometime after day 10 - but the plants on the video were smaller than the seedlings I have in the bag - I think I'll have to pot them by this Friday. I also planted a few seeds from a second dragon fruit in a soil base, just to compare and contrast which process is better for West Oahu's environment. More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment