Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Black Gold Cactus Mix

Definitely not the same as the Black Gold Cactus and Succulent Mix I just ran out of... New packaging Old packaging But same stuff inside - zero perlite, lots of small diameter red cinder, and what seems to be mulched up wood. This stuff looks like it will be great for germinating seeds and supporting cuttings and young plants - primarily because of its likelihood of retaining moisture. But for that same reason, I'm going to amend it with perlite, dry stall and granite grit (like 80% amendments to 20% soil mix). I'll post a picture of the final product tomorrow after I mix it up. I bought to old stuff at the NEX Garden Shop - they were out when I last checked - I'll have to keep hawking that place for the old stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment